E-Filing Your Taxes With TurboTax 2013
We are in the midst of the 2013 tax filing season. Every year since 1993; Americans have increasingly used e-filing software to file their tax returns. TurboTax 2013 has perfected the process of contemporary electronic tax filing.
Since the IRS introduced electronic filing in 1990, they have securely processed over 1 billion individually prepared electronic tax returns. The IRS touts e filing for the following benefits –
• The Tax Returns are More Accurate and Complete – TurboTax 2013 does all the math calculating and even compares data from previous year’s filings for consistency. TurboTax is able to determine state taxes where that information is required on a Federal return, you do not need a separate resource for that. You do not have to be an experienced tax filer to use TurboTax2013.
• Secure and Confirmed Delivery of Your Return — TurboTax utilizes state of the art encryption technology for the secure web transport of your tax return. You will receive an email within 48hrs from the IRS confirming receipt of your return.
• Refunds are Processed and Delivered More Quickly — E filed returns that indicate refunds are processed more quickly than paper filed tax returns. TurboTax2013 works seamlessly with your bank and the IRS for faster direct depositing of your refund.
• Ease of Use — There is no simpler, easy to navigate and use tax software than TurboTax2013. TurboTax is intuitive and self-correcting. TurboTax will prepare your Federal and state returns simultaneously, alleviating the need to input the same data on two forms. TurboTax software is written with knowledge of all the divergent state laws and procedures for filing and makes those transparent for the user.
• Peace of Mind — In addition to the 48-hour receipt confirmation by email from the IRS, you will have peace of mind that your e filed return is accurate.
E-files dates for 2013 start with the opening date of January 30. The IRS will begin accepting e filed returns after incorporating all the tax policy and law changes that took effect January 2nd. Some e-file dates are later due to late legislation that requires more extensive system testing and programming. Nevertheless, the IRS is prepared to start accepting electronic returns by January 30th, and will process the biggest volume of e filings by late February-early March. That group includes those who will be claiming energy credits, property credits and other business related tax incentives.
The IRS says that the best option is to file electronically. TurboTax 2013 is the safest, quickest and easiest to use software for e filing. You will be assured to meet the e-file dates and have access to TurboTax’s outstanding customer service and support should you encounter an issue with your return that requires expert assistance. TurboTax is the best selling, most trusted e filing software for a reason, the reason is trust; TurboTax gives its users the assurance of an accurate, securely prepared and delivered tax return.